Barbecue Fire Damage in Olympia Fields, Illinois
Last fall this homeowner in Olympia Fields didn't realize that the flame wasn't completely out after making dinner until his house went up in flames several hours later. The embers smoldered until the wind caught them just right and they landed on the deck, catching it on fire. Fortunately the smoke alarms did their job and alerted the family in time to escape without anyone getting hurt. After the fire department put out the blaze, the customer contacted SERVPRO to mitigate the property. Our crews were onsite within 4 hours of the initial call to set drying equipment to minimize the chance of microbial growth. SERVPRO technicians also packed the salvageable contents so they could be cleaned and insurance could compile a total loss inventory.