Chimney Fire Damages Home in Lake Village, IN
SERVPRO of Benton, Jasper, Newton, and Southern Lake Counties is here to help! A chimney fire broke out in a home in Lake Village, IN. There was a hole in the chimney that an ember went through to catch the insulation on fire.
The building was very wet and needed to be dried. This was difficult due to much of the insulation in the roof being torn out. The roof was tarped to prevent rain from coming in. Due to the season, temperatures were very low in the home. SERVPRO brought in temporary heaters to warm the house up enough for drying. Each temporary heater is capable of producing as much heat as the furnace in your home!
SERVPRO is certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) in Fire and Smoke Restoration, Water Restoration and Applied Structural Drying. The IICRC’s standards guide our technicians through the process of drying your home. Each drying job requires a careful balance of temperature and humidity to dry wet building materials. On fires the crews must also clean the air with negative air filtration devices. You can trust that our certified technicians are capable of evaluating your home and drying it to preloss condition.
Call SERVPRO of Benton, Jasper, Newton, and Southern Lake Counties for all your fire restoration needs at 219-779-7577!